We all know that the king of nuts, almonds are very beneficial for your health. But, did you know that almond oil can do wonders for your skin? Almond oil has properties that can get rid of inflammation, dry skin, and acne.
This nutritional powerhouse was used as a remedy for treating skin problems in Ayurveda and ancient Chinese culture. Even today, almond oil is used in a wide range of cosmetic and beauty products.
Through this article, we’ll let you know about the benefits of almond oil on your face. You’ll also get to know how you can use almond oil to get healthy and glowing skin.
Properties of Almond Oil
Before we get started with the benefits and uses of almond oil that are top notch for your face, let’s look at certain things we need to know and things that we need to keep in mind while using almond oil.
- Almond oil is packed with nutrients that are essential for your skin and hair. It has moisturizing properties and contains Vitamin A that has anti-inflammatory properties because of the presence of retinol. It is very famous for Vitamin E that is a natural healer as it has antioxidant properties. The presence of omega 3 fatty acids and zinc helps to prevent aging and removes acne.
- Various kinds of almond oils are available in the market. Some of them are bitter, sweet, and cold-pressed almond oil. Sweet almond oil helps in rejuvenating the skin. Bitter almond oil has a strong smell which is why it is useful in aromatherapy. But, since it should not be used on the face as it can have toxic effects. Cold-pressed almond oil is made naturally without using any chemicals. So, it retains all the nutrients and is the best for skin-related problems. If you want to use almond oil for cooking, the only option is to use refined almond oil.
- Almond oil has hypoallergenic properties, meaning it is rare that you might get a reaction from it. But, you should always do a patch test before using the almond oil on your face. Take a pea amount of almond oil and apply it to the back of your elbow. If it does not harm you in the next 12 hours, it is safe to use.
- Almond oil has a very light texture and is very mild in nature. It is beneficial for all skin types. People with oily skin might be skeptical about using any oil on the face. However, almond oil is safe to use and does not cause any problems if used in the correct quantity.
Warning: If you are allergic to almonds, you must not use almond oil.
5 Benefits of Almond Oil for Skin
Almond oil has various benefits that can make your skin glow and look younger. It does not penetrate the skin, so it has no risk of clogging. It remains on the surface and works from there itself.
In this section of the article, we’ll have a glance at the benefits of almond oil and how it affects different parts of your face.
1. Treating Skin Conditions
The soothing properties of almond oil have proven to heal medical skin conditions like dermatitis or eczema. It also helps in treating the worst cases of dry skin. Almond oil softens and brightens the skin.
2. Healing Stretch Marks and Scars
Applying almond oil regularly on your abdomen and hips can prevent stretch marks and lighten the old ones. Due to its healing characteristic, almond oil is good for treating scars too.
3. Skin Cells Repair
The pollution and UV rays can affect your skin and damage your skin cells. Almond oil can help replenish skin cells and repair damage caused by harmful UV rays to your face.
4. Reducing Puffiness and Dark Circles
As mentioned earlier, almond oil has anti-inflammatory properties that can help in reducing the swelling on the face and lighten the dark circle under your eyes.
5. Promotes Anti-Aging and Flawless Skin
The vitamins and minerals present in almond oil make the skin healthier and brighter. It also even tones the skin and brings back your original complexion by removing tan.
Uses of Almond Oil:
Almond Oil gives you hydrated skin, provides sun protection, and reduces skin irritation. It has several other uses given below. Believe us, you don’t want to miss out on them!
- Due to the cleansing properties of almond oil, it acts as a natural makeup cleanser.
- You can mix the almond oil with sugar and use it as a body scrub for exfoliation.
- Dry lips can be hydrated using sweet almond oil.
- Apply sweet almond oil on your face, keep it overnight and wash it in the morning. This method can reduce acne and marks.
The chemicals in beauty products can give you temporary relief from skin problems. But, they can prove to be harmful in the long run. It is best to use natural remedies such as almond oil.
But, before purchasing any bottle of almond oil, make sure it has not been treated chemically. Almond oil is available in online or offline cosmetic stores. Please make sure that the almond oil is either all-purpose or made only for the face to avoid any reactions in the future.
We hope that this article helped you understand how beneficial almond oil can be for your skin. Tell us in the comment section below how was your experience with almond oil!
After completing this graduation in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Manipal University in 2013, Ankit began rummaging the current Indian market of technology and science. At apolloedoc, Ankit’s job profile consists of cumulating, researching, testing, and verifying products related to tech.
He has a knack for details and catches even the tiniest advantages and flaws that can make or break the product. Since last year, he has been writing for apolloedoc and has been our knight in shining armour when reviewing home appliances.
Ankit’s favourite pastimes consist of jamming onto his guitar with a couple of friends and constantly updating and learning new things! He is also a big-time pet lover and has a cute little pug named Oreo back in Chandigarh. He has bagged many achievements in his college by participating in multiple extracurricular activities.
Writing is something that comes to Ankit naturally. He has his own blog where he posts about coding languages and even provides coaching to students from 12th grade to 2nd year of college. At apolloedoc, Ankit beautifully showcases his knack for the written word by lucidly explaining information in an unbiased way.