Who doesn’t want a healthy body with healthy and glowing skin too! While papaya can offer your body vitamins and minerals, you can also use it as a face pack to get healthy, glowing skin.
You can include some portions of papaya in your diet to enjoy its health benefits, and a little bit of it can go on your face topically. That way, both your body and your skin can enjoy its goodness. Along with being a healthy fruit, papaya has many properties which can benefit the skin, eventually leading to its glow.
In this article, we have researched for you the most popular and effective ways of applying Papaya face-masks which will leave your face glowing. We will be taking you through them all, one by one.
How Does Papaya Make Your Skin Glow?
Papaya is said to have a lot of qualities that make it beneficial for your skin when applied as a mask. It contains Potassium, which can hydrate your skin and prevent it from getting too dry, eventually making it glow.
Along with that, papaya also fights the free radicals, thereby preventing premature aging of the skin. It makes your skin smoother and supple as it boosts collagen production in the skin, thereby adding a glow to your face.
Now that you have a fair amount of idea of the many benefits of papaya for skin, let’s look at the various ways in which you can make your own papaya face-pack for glowing skin and apply it.
Here Are Ten Papaya Face Packs For Glowing Skin
1. Papaya Face Pack For Soothing Skin
You can use a papaya face-pack to get a soothing effect on your face. The main ingredients involved in this face-pack would be cucumber and banana. Cucumber is known to hydrate the skin and give it a freshness, while bananas can leave it moisturized.
To make this face pack, you need the following ingredients:
- Half cucumber
- ¼ cup of papaya
- ¼ cup of banana
- Blend the cucumber along with banana and papaya in order to get a consistent mixture.
- Cover your face and neck using the mixture and keep it on for around 15 minutes.
- Rinse with water, and enjoy fresh and smooth skin.
You can use this facemask once every week.
2. Anti-aging Papaya Face Pack
Papaya masks can also be used for anti-aging purposes. The presence of alpha-hydroxy acids in papaya helps in reducing the appearance of fine lines as well as wrinkles, giving a young effect to the skin.
- One bowl of papaya
- 1 teaspoon raw honey.
- Blend the papaya in a blender to make a paste.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of raw honey to the paste.
- Spread it all over your face and leave it to dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off with fresh water.
This papaya face mask can be applied twice a week for good results.
3. Papaya Face Pack For Tanned Skin
Tomato is believed to reduce tan from the skin and give it a toning effect. It is widely used in homemade facemasks for this property.
- 1 tomato
- 4 small cubes of ripe papaya
- Blend the tomato pulp along with the papaya.
- Apply the paste on your clean face and neck evenly.
- Wash it off once it gets dry.
You can repeat this mask 1-2 times a week.
4. Papaya Face Pack For Dark Spots
You might definitely want to get rid of the dark spots that show on your face. Milk contains lactic acid; hence if used with papaya, it can lighten the spots and leave your skin brighter.
- 1 teaspoon raw milk
- Few cubes of papaya
- After mashing the papaya, add milk to it.
- Evenly spread the mixture over your face and neck.
- Wash it off once dry.
You can use it 2-3 times a week.
5. Papaya Face Pack For Dryness
You can use papaya and aloe vera together to cure dryness and rough patches on your skin. Your skin will be left hydrated, and the aloe vera will help in soothing it.
- Papaya pulp
- Aloe vera gel
- Add a teaspoon of fresh aloe Vera gel to your papaya pulp.
- Apply the paste all over your face, gently massaging it.
- Keep it for 15 minutes and wash away using cold water.
6. Papaya Face Pack For Treating Oily Skin
Multani Mitti or fuller’s earth is known to absorb excess oil from your skin. When used with papaya, this face-pack can cure the problem of oily skin and prevent acne.
- Fuller’s earth (Multani Mitti)
- Mash the papaya and mix the Multani Mitti with it.
- Prepare a paste with consistency.
- Add a little rosewater to it to reduce the thickness of the paste.
- Apply it over your face and keep it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water and enjoy oil-free skin.
7. Papaya Face Pack For Glowing Skin
This can be one of the best face packs for glowing skin. Avocado helps in nourishing and moisturizing the skin and can also prevent inflammation.
- Take the required amount of avocado and papaya.
- Blend both to make a smooth paste.
- Apply on your face for around 15 minutes and then wash it off.
8. Papaya Face Pack For Cleansing And Tightening Of Pores
Oatmeal is a very popular ingredient in DIY masks. Oatmeal is said to nurture and repair damaged skin. This facemask can help your hydrate and cleanse your skin while also tightening the pores.
- Cooked or raw oatmeal
- Mash some papaya and oatmeal together.
- Add a little bit of turmeric to the mixture. You can use water to make the turmeric paste.
- Apply the mixture to your face and then wash it off in 15-20 minutes.
Use the pack 2-3 times a week.
9. Papaya And Sandalwood Face Pack
With ingredients such as sandalwood powder and rose water, this papaya face-pack can give your skin a cooling effect. It can be good for acne and treat skin blemishes along with fine lines. It is also said to reduce pigmentation. Sandalwood can also soothe irritated skin.
- Sandalwood paste.
- You need the sandalwood in paste form
- Mix it with papaya mash and add a little rosewater
- Apply the paste to your face and neck and wash off in 15 minutes.
You can use this pack two times a week for effective results.
10. Papaya And Egg White Face Pack
The egg white is known to boost your skin’s elasticity. It also helps in the shrinking of large pores, thus making them appear smaller.
- Egg white
- Cut out some pieces from papaya and mash them.
- Whisk the egg white until it becomes fluffy, and add it to the mashed papaya.
- Apply the mixture to your face and neck evenly.
- Leave it on for at least 15 minutes and then clean your face.
Tip: Before applying a papaya face-pack on your skin, you must do a patch test. It will help you know whether the product suits your skin or if you are allergic to it.
Can papaya face-packs be used daily?
Whatever is used in excess can be bad for the skin. It is advised to use the papaya facemask not more than three times a week. Overusing it will give you no extra benefits.
Can papaya face-packs be applied to all skin types?
People with all kinds of skin types can apply a papaya facemask, as long as they are not allergic to it.
Papaya has many benefits to offer to your skin. It is a versatile ingredient and can be used with a number of other ingredients of your choice. It can address your diverse skin concerns when used with the right ingredients. Now that you know about so many papaya face masks, we can’t wait for you to try them and enjoy the results. Once you do, don’t forget to leave a comment below, telling us which papaya face-pack you used and how it worked for you.
Whether you want to gain muscle sustainably, lose weight, or do both—Mirganshi is the person you reach out to! She has a B.Sc in Nutrition and Dietetics from Lovely Professional University (LPU) and certification from Gold’s Gym Fitness Institute (GGFI). She grew up and completed her schooling in Jaipur, Rajasthan back in the early 2000s. Currently, she helps hundreds of individuals in correcting their diets, lifestyle habits, and physical health.
She currently lives with her husband in Navi Mumbai, and they have been happily married since 2017. She is also a fitness freak herself and has completed several marathons like TATA Mumbai Marathon, Pinkathon, and more! In her free time, she likes to listen to music while writing her journal. Discipline is her best friend, and she ensures to impart this virtue in her clientele as well.
Due to her impeccable grip on body nutrition and well-being, Mirganshi understands precisely what is right for your body and recommends/reviews products she only truly has faith in. Mirganshi is also a champion for mental health advocacy and understands how keeping your brain fit and mind sane is an essential part of well-being.